Article 1 - Definitions
In these conditions the following terms have the following meanings:
1. Entrepreneur: the natural or legal person who offers products and / or services to consumers at a distance;
2. Consumer: the natural person who does not act in the exercise of a profession or business and who enters into a distance contract with the entrepreneur;
3. Distance contract: an agreement whereby, within the framework of a system for distance selling of products and / or services organized by the entrepreneur, up to and including the conclusion of the agreement, use is exclusively made of one or more communication techniques. distance;
4. Technology for distance communication: means that can be used for the conclusion of an agreement, without the consumer and entrepreneur having come together in the same space at the same time;
5. Reconsideration period: the period within the consumer can exercise his right of withdrawal;
6. Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to withdraw from the distance contract within the cooling-off period;
7. Day: calendar day;
8. Durable data carrier: any means that enables the consumer or entrepreneur to store information that is addressed to him personally in a way that allows future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information. .
Article 2 - Identity of the entrepreneurr
Facile Media B.V.
Trading under the name Camperstop-shop
NL-5048 AB Tilburg
Telephone number: +31 (0) 13 2045046
Reachable on: Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber of Commerce number: 66930499 VAT
Identification number: NL856757275.B01
Article 3 – Applicability
1. These general terms and conditions apply to every offer from the entrepreneur and to every contract concluded between the entrepreneur and the consumer.
2. Before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions will be made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated that the general terms and conditions can be viewed by the entrepreneur and they will be sent at the request of the consumer.
3. If the distance contract is concluded electronically, notwithstanding the previous paragraph and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions can be made available to the consumer electronically in such a way that it is consumer can be easily stored on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated where the general terms and conditions can be consulted electronically and that they will be sent electronically or otherwise at the request of the consumer.
4. In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general terms and conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply and in the event of conflicting general terms and conditions, the consumer can always rely on the applicable provision that applies to him most beneficial.
Article 4 – The offer
1. If an offer has a limited period of validity or is made subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
2. The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and / or services offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to allow a proper assessment of the offer by the consumer. If the entrepreneur uses images, they are a true representation of the products and / or services offered. Obvious mistakes or errors in the offer do not bind the entrepreneur.
3. Each offer contains information, so that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are involved in accepting the offer. This concerns in particular:
a. The price including taxes;
b. Any delivery costs;
c. The way in which the agreement will be concluded and what actions are required for this;
d. Whether or not the right of withdrawal applies;
e. The method of payment, delivery or execution of the agreement;
f. The period for accepting the offer, or the period for adhering to the price;
g. If the contract is filed after conclusion, how it can be consulted by the consumer;
h. The way in which the consumer can obtain information about actions he does not want before concluding the contract, as well as how he can rectify these before the contract is concluded;
i. The codes of conduct to which the entrepreneur is subject and the way in which the consumer can consult these codes of conduct electronically; and
j. The minimum duration of the agreement in the event of an agreement that extends to the continuous or periodic delivery of products or services.
Article 5 - The agreement
1. The agreement is concluded, subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, when the consumer accepts the offer and meets the corresponding conditions.
2. If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the entrepreneur electronically confirms acceptance of the offer. As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed, the consumer can dissolve the agreement.
3. If the agreement is concluded electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the electronic transfer of data and he will ensure a safe web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, the entrepreneur will observe appropriate security measures.
4. The entrepreneur will send the following information with the product or service to the consumer, in writing or in such a way that it can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable medium:
a. the visiting address of the establishment of the entrepreneur where the consumer can go with complaints;
b. the conditions under which and the manner in which the consumer can exercise the right of withdrawal, or a clear statement regarding the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
c. the information on existing after-sales service and guarantees;
d. the information included in article 4 paragraph 3 of these conditions, unless the entrepreneur has already provided this information to the consumer before the execution of the agreement;
e. he requirements for terminating the agreement if the agreement has a duration of more than one year or is indefinite.
f. If the entrepreneur has undertaken to supply a series of products or services, the provision in the previous paragraph applies only to the first delivery.
Article 6a - Right of withdrawal upon delivery of products
1. When purchasing products, the consumer has the option to dissolve the contract without giving any reason during fourteen calendar days. This period commences on the day after receipt of the product by or on behalf of the consumer.
2. during this period, the consumer will handle the product and packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. If he makes use of his right of withdrawal, he will return the product with all accessories and - if reasonably possible - in the original condition and packaging to the entrepreneur, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
Article 6b - Right of withdrawal upon delivery of services
1. When providing services, the consumer has the option to dissolve the contract without giving any reason during fourteen calendar days, starting on the day of entering into the contract.
2. To make use of his right of withdrawal, the consumer will focus on the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur with the offer and / or at the latest upon delivery.
Article 7 - Costs in case of withdrawal
1. If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, at most the costs of return will be for his account.
2. If the consumer has paid an amount, the entrepreneur will refund this amount as soon as possible, but no later than 14 days after the return or cancellation.
Article 8 - Exclusion of right of withdrawal
1. If the consumer does not have a right of withdrawal, this can only be excluded by the entrepreneur if the entrepreneur has clearly stated this in the offer, at least in time for the conclusion of the agreement.
2. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
a. that have been created by the entrepreneur in accordance with the consumer's specifications;
b. that are clearly of a personal nature;
c. which by their nature cannot be returned (digital products);
d. that can spoil or age quickly;
e. whose price is subject to fluctuations in the financial market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
f. for individual newspapers and magazines;
g. for audio and video recordings and computer software of which the consumer has broken the seal.
1. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for services:
a) concerning accommodation, transport, restaurant or leisure activities to be performed on a specific date or during a specific period;
b) the delivery of which commenced with the express consent of the consumer before the reflection period has expired;
c) concerning bets and lotteries. .
Article 9 - The price
1. During the period of validity stated in the offer, the prices of the products and / or services being offered will not be increased, except for price changes as a result of changes in VAT rates.
2. Contrary to the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur can offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market and over which the entrepreneur has no influence, with variable prices. This link to fluctuations and the fact that any stated prices are target prices are stated in the offer.
3. Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
4. Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if the entrepreneur has stipulated this and:
a) they are the result of statutory regulations or stipulations; or
b) the consumer has the authority to terminate the contract on the day on which the price increase takes effect.
c) the prices stated in the offer of products or services include VAT.
Article 10 - Compliance and Warranty
1. The entrepreneur guarantees that the products and / or services comply with the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and / or usability and the legal provisions existing on the date of the conclusion of the agreement and / or government regulations.
2. An arrangement offered by the entrepreneur, manufacturer or importer as a guarantee does not affect the rights and claims that the consumer can assert against the entrepreneur with regard to a shortcoming in the fulfillment of the entrepreneur's obligations under the law. and / or the distance contract.
Article 11 – Delivery and execution
1. The entrepreneur will take the greatest possible care when receiving and implementing orders for products and when assessing applications for the provision of services.
2. The location of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the company.
3. With due observance of what is stated in article 4 of these general terms and conditions, the company will execute accepted orders expeditiously, but at the latest within 30 days, unless a longer delivery period has been agreed. If delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or only partially be executed, the consumer will be notified of this no later than one month after he has placed the order. In that case, the consumer has the right to dissolve the contract without costs and the right to any compensation.
4. In case of dissolution in accordance with the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur will refund the amount that the consumer has paid as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after dissolution.
5. If delivery of an ordered product proves to be impossible, the entrepreneur will offer a replacement article. At the latest upon delivery, it will be stated in a clear and comprehensible manner that a replacement item is being delivered. For replacement items right of withdrawal can not be excluded. The costs of return shipment are for the account of the entrepreneur.
6. Unless expressly agreed otherwise, the risk of damage and / or loss of products rests with the consumer until delivery to the consumer.
Article 12 – payment
1. The consumer has the duty to report inaccuracies in payment details provided or stated to the entrepreneur without delay.
2. In case of default by the consumer, the entrepreneur has the right to charge the reasonable costs made known to the consumer, subject to legal restrictions.
Article 13 – Complaints procedure
1. The entrepreneur has a well-publicized complaints procedure and handles the complaint in accordance with this complaints procedure.
2. Complaints about the performance of the agreement must be submitted fully and clearly described to the entrepreneur within a reasonable time, after the consumer has discovered the defects.
3. Complaints submitted to the entrepreneur will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the entrepreneur will reply within the period of 14 days with a notice of receipt and an indication when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
Article 13 - Reviews
Camperstop-shop.com asks consumers to share experiences with others about the products they have purchased and to share experiences about the general customer experience on Camperstop-shop.com. Consumers are asked to share their experiences shortly after their purchase on Camperstop-shop.com. To ensure the quality and reliability of the reviews, we have set up a number of rules and guidelines that everyone must adhere to.
Rules and guidelines reviews
1. The writer must be a consumer of Camperstop-shop.com
2. The writer has to have actually purchased the product the review is written about
3. It is not allowed to share experiences about other things than the purchased product and/or experiences with Camperstop-shop.com as a review.
4. Inappropriate language is not allowed
5. Links and / or references to other websites and companies are not allowed
6. A review has to be written in English
Before publication, all incoming reviews are checked on origin and content. This check is done manually by Camperstop-shop.com. Usually a review is published within 1-2 working days. If one or more of the above rules/guidelines is not respected, the review will not be published. It is not possible to edit a review or remove it yourself. If the author nevertheless wishes to do so, he/she can contact customer service via email@example.com.
Article 15 - Additional and/or different stipulations
1. Sizes, specifications and images on the website are subject to errors and / or placement errors.
2. Nothing from this website may be reproduced and / or made public by means of copying, downloads or otherwise without the prior written permission of Camperstop-shop.com
3. The purchaser of datasets must acquaint himself with the user conditions of datasets upon purchase..